Our core Curriculum is Literacy (English) and Numeracy (Maths).
Our classroom teachers commit to teaching each week:
- 10 hours of Literacy (Reading/Writing/Listening/Speaking)
- 5 hours of Numeracy
Our school has English Language Support programs for students who come from countries that do not speak English.
New students also can be assessed and offered a short term place at the English Language Outpost in Thomastown. However the waiting list is long.
Our Specialist Programs include:
- Performing Arts (Music/Drama/Dance)
- Visual Art
- Physical Education
- AUSLAN through Literature and Library (Prep-Year 2)
- Science Technology Engineering and Maths: STEM(Years 3-6)
For students who require extra support we also offer:
- Reading Intervention (Years Prep - 2)
- Language Support
- English as an Additional Language Assistance
Students who show a passion or talents can participate in these extra-curricular activities
- Maths Olympiad
- School Sport teams
- Instrumental lessons (Keyboard, guitar,percussion)
- School Choir
- Student Representative Council (Student body)
- Student Voice Leadership Team
- Student Leadership (School Captains, House Captains, Class Captains)
- Extension Art Activities
- Special Science events
- Local Competitions and festivals
- Activities at our Community Hub, such as Chess Club, Koorie Club, Cooking Club and Homework Clubs.