Thank you for visiting our website. We'd love to meet you!
We encourage new parents and carers to tour our school.
Please call the office (03) 9465 4317 or email: email@example.com
Prep is an exciting year at Thomastown West Primary School.
We work hard with the local kindergartens, early learning centres and with parents to ensure the transition for your child is very smooth.
An Enrolment Form must be completed for all Foundation (Prep) students.
Click HERE for an online pdf version of our enrolment form or please call 9465 4317 to organise a time to collect an enrolment form, from the office.
We also require:
1. Immunization Certificates/documentation
2. A copy of birth certificate or passport
**More details about our Prep transition program for 2022 is coming soon!**
New Students in Grades 1-6
Once your child has enrolled:
1. You will be notified which grade your child will be placed.
2. Every child is placed in a "holding grade" for 1-2 weeks. This grade is based on their age as directed by the Department of Education & Training.
3. Your child will be assessed and supported, based on academic and social skills.
4. After 2 weeks, you will be notified of any concerns and recommendations. In most cases there are little or no changes.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Our School Zone
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones.
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.