Our school zone
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information on school zones in Victoria.
Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
Our school manages enrolments using the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and may enrol at another school, if there are available places.
For more information, you can:
- visit School zones for answers to frequently asked questions
2024 Foundation (Prep) enrolments
To start primary school in 2024, your child will need to turn 5 years old by 30 April 2024. Schooling is compulsory for children who have turned 6 years old.
The Department of Education (DE) has released a new statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Thomastown West Primary School.
The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation (Prep) in 2024. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in 2023 to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2024 school year.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers for the 2024 school year’
You can enrol now for 2024.
What you need to do:
- Contact our school office on 9465 4317 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book a school tour or to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process
- Download the Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep)
- Submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28 July 2023. You can download the form using the following link at the bottom of this page or contact the office.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023
- Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30 January 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
Please contact the office for an application form.
Supporting documentation for enrolment
An enrolment form must be completed if you are enrolling your child for the first time in the Victorian government school system. Most commonly this would occur at Foundation (Prep).
This form seeks personal and health information that should only be provided to the school your child will attend.
You will be required to provide the following information and documentation:
- evidence of identity and date of birth (for example, a birth certificate or passport)
- Immunisation History Statement
- your contact details
- emergency contact details
- health information about your child (such as allergies or illnesses they need to manage)
- other legal orders relating to your child and their welfare.